Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Please Sir, May I Have Another

Coming off the best day I had so far, I fell flat on my face Tuesday. Notre Dame's leaky defense managed to limit LSU to 28 points and the Irish kicked a late field goal to beat the Tigers. Louisville had no answer for Georgia's Nick Chubb, who rushed for 266 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Bulldogs to a 37-14 rout of the Cardinals. Stanford salvaged the day by stomping Maryland, which warmed my heart because I could care less for the traitor Twerps. Louisville for Maryland? I will take that trade any day of the week.

The record for the history of this blog stands at 9-5 straight up and 7-7 against the spread.

Here is a look at Wednesday's selections, the last day of 2014.

Peach Bowl -- Ole Miss vs. TCU (-3.0)
I haven't been a believer in Ole Miss all season. I still don't believe in Ole Miss. TCU was No. 3 in the College Football Playoff until the final poll. TCU's offense is potent and dynamic. I think being left out of the playoff will motivate the Horned Frogs to show off in Atlanta. I don't think the spread of three points is enough. The Land Sharks are going to lose a lot of teeth. Take the Frogs and give the points.

Fiesta Bowl -- Boise State vs. Arizona (-3.0)
Boise State is always a media darling, and the Broncos have done some damage in the post-season. Rich Rodriguez, who won at West Virginia and then flopped at Michigan, has built a winning program at Arizona. With the game being played in Phoenix, this will be a virtual home game for the Wildcats. I like Arizona and giving the points.

Orange Bowl -- Georgia Tech vs. Mississippi State (-6.5)
Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson played himself into a contract extension by leading the Yellow Jackets to a 10-3 record, including an upset of arch-rival Georgia in Athens. Tech's triple option attack drives the opposition crazy. Justin Thomas has had a great year at quarterback for the Jackets. In addition to running the offense, Thomas brings a lot of positive intangibles. The Bulldogs have had a month to prepare for Tech's unique offense but it is impossible to duplicate the speed in practice. Extra prep time usually leads to success against Tech's running game but that won't be the case this time. The Jackets get one more to cap a special season on The Flats. Take Tech.




No comments:

Post a Comment